Woodland Charter School is a Waldorf-methods public charter school in the Applegate Valley of Southern Oregon. The school year 2012-2013 was our first year of operation. We are currently seeking applicants for part-time games/movement teaching position.
Our school offers first through seventh grades. The games teacher will facilitate classes between 12-25 students of single and mixed grades. Woodland Charter School is situated in the picturesque rural community of the Applegate Valley in Murphy. Interested applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the Waldorf educational philosophy and be able to work with flexibility and patience as we develop our school identity.
Woodland Charter School seeks a part-time teacher to facilitate Games/Spatial Dynamics (or Eurythmy) education to children in grades 1-7, and participate in recess supervision. We are dedicated to growing our physical education program out of the indications given by Rudolf Steiner regarding child development. Our movement/games teacher will provide 2 lessons per class per week (approximately 8 hours of instructional time and 2 hours of prep time).
· Oregon certification or registration with the TSPC and/or
· Waldorf teacher training, or equivalent on-the-job experience preferred
· Skill in facilitating spatially oriented movement exercises, activities, and games
· Minimum of one year teaching movement/games/physical education to elementary aged children
· Enthusiastic, creative, and loving with students
· Ability to work well with colleagues, administration, and parents
· Competitive pay
· Mentorship program
Please reply with a resume and 3 letters of reference to: