Hello Dear Woodland Families,
We sent a form (green) home with children yesterday about the new hot lunch program we are introducing at Woodland beginning next Tuesday Sept. 23rd (initially only Tuesdays but we hope to expand it soon).
- nutritious and delicious lunches by Fulcrum Dining from mostly local and organic foods for $5/lunch
- sign up for the 23rd by filling out the form we sent home and RETURNING IT BY THURSDAY end of school day, or by signing up BY THURSDAY on our website at: www.woodlandcharterschool.org/community/lunch-program
- sign up for the 30th any time between now and Thursday the 25th
Apologies that a deadline was not included on the form but we need to get an accurate count by Thursday evening.
Please read more about the program on the Community/Lunch Program page.Permalink
IMPORTANT!!!! The first day of school, Tuesday, September 2nd, is a HALF DAY, starting at 8:00am, and ending at 12:30pm for all students. There is NO afternoon bus service on this day, please note. Your child’s morning bus will pick up on schedule. (All Woodland students will be bused to the high school in the morning, where they will board bus number B9, destined for Woodland. That bus will bring the children up the driveway to the school.) Children will need a hearty snack and a light lunch for the first day. Kindly make arrangements for your child to ride home.
There will be a Sunflower Ceremony to start off the school year and to welcome the first graders in particular. The ceremony, which families are welcome to attend, begins at 8:30 and will be outside. There will be some chairs available but you might want to bring camp chairs if you know you want to be seated. There will be refreshments available for parents after the ceremony.
See you on Tuesday!Permalink
Reminder- TOMORROW (Wednesday 8/27) is our annual Back to School Potluck at 5:00 pm at the All Sports Park, Harry & David Shelter- Bring a potluck offering from the list below & your own dishes/utensils to this amazing Woodland foodie event! Gluten free foods will be grouped separately, please label ingredients for those with food allergies. Please no nuts.
- 1st & 2nd grade: dessert
- 3rd-5th grade: main dishes
- 6-7th grade: sides/salads
- 8h grade: beverages (coolers provided)
Hope to see you all there!Permalink